In this episode of the Grey Dynamics Podcast, I spoke with Gareth Westwood. Garrett is an 11 year veteran of the intelligence community in the uk. He served in different roles in the military as well as in the foreign service. In the last two years, He spent his time building and running an internal global corporate intelligence team in a large pharmaceutical company as the head of Global Intelligence.
We Spoke about:
- Gareth’s career starting as Music teacher
- The intersection of complex musical composition and technical intelligence analysis
- The value of joining the military and foreign service
- Why it is crucial to focus on accuracy, brevity and clarity in your briefings to intelligence consumers
- Keeping lists and prioritisation to combat burnout as an intelligence analyst
- How the take over of Afghanistan was predicted but still shocking (Read Ghost Wars by Steve Coll)
- OSINT Tools, Tips and Tricks
You find Gareth on LinkedIn: Gareth Westwood
Please give us feedback and reviews on platforms where you listen to the podcast on any platform!