Today I spoke with Mike Evans, head of intelligence at Securitas. Mike has been working in the private intelligence sector for nearly a decade, now leading an award-winning threat and intelligence service. He also has an intelligence background within the military. In this episode, we dive into topics such as the rise of AI, getting into the industry for young analysts, and what keeps us up at night.
You can find Mike Evans on:
We spoke about
- Mike’s background (00:54)
- Mike’s team set up and capabilities (03:28)
- Sharing information for the greater good in the private sector (07:21)
- How military intelligence shaped Mike’s thinking (10:23)
- How an intelligence manager can make an impact (14:10)
- How to deal with things when they go wrong (19:33)
- ChatGPT and its role in intelligence (21:33)
- Creating a reliable and motivated sensor network (24:50)
- Incoming trends to look out for (29:24)
- Opening the door to more people for a career in intelligence (30:44)
- Intelligence misconceptions (33:49)
- Career advice (40:24)
- What does Mike look for in young analysts (46:08)
- Cultural recommendations (47:21)
- What keeps Ahmed up at night (52:19)
- What is an Intelligence Analyst?
- So, You Want to be an Intelligence Analyst?
- Expert Advice For Getting Into Intelligence
- Intelligence-Led Policing, OSINT and Facing PTSD with Julie Nel
- Corporate Intelligence, Global Risk and OSINT Tips with Gareth Westwood
- Skills I never knew I would need as an Intelligence Analyst
The Grey Dynamics Podcast is available on all major platforms!