Welcome back to the Grey Dynamics Podcast! This week we are talking to Michael Blicher Soerensen. Michael is a veteran of the Danish army, specialising in Electronic Warfare and SIGINT. He is currently a Global Security Site lead at Meta (Facebook). We discussed what makes a good analyst, deploying to Iraq, corporate intelligence and much more. Enjoy!
We spoke about:
- 2:40 – Michael’s background
- 5:15 – Opportunities after working in SIGINT and Electronic Warfare
- 9:17 – Killings your darlings
- 10:40 – Adjusting to work outside of the army
- 14:09 – Learning to build rapport with collegues in the workplace
- 16:22 – What makes a good intelligence analyst
- 20:21 – Discovering new career opportunities and staying open minded
- 24:49 – Michael’s experience on deployment
- 28:17 – Michael’s experience working with allied intelligence counterparts
- 32:07 – Commentary on how training and background can heavily influence analyst’s perspectives
- 36:32 – Tailoring intelligence to the consumers needs and creating valuable products
- 38:08 – Issues in the field of OSINT
- 48:30 – Intelligence professionals being able to educate consumers on intelligence can and cannot do
- 51:30 – Competing with other internal and external intelligence professionals in the corporate world
- 1:01:50 – Lack of Tactical intelligence in the private sector
- 1:03:24 – Intelligence products currently consumed by in the corporate world
- 1:05:47 – Cultural Recommendations
- From the Defence Human Intelligence Unit to Recruitment with Mack
- What do Humanitarian NGOs and the Private Sector want from Intelligence? With E.
- Australian Intelligence, Demystifying HUMINT and Mental Health with D.
- Warzone Extraction, China vs Taiwan and Project Dynamo with Bryan Stern
- OSINT and SOCMINT for Threat Intelligence with Jordan Ponath
- AI Arms Race, Drone Warfare and Cognitive Enhancement with Paul Scharre
- ChatGPT, The Intelligence Community & Career Advice with Mike Evans
- OSINT, Military Career Transition & Language Skills with Skip Schiphorst
- Corporate Intelligence, Global Risk and OSINT Tips with Gareth Westwood
- Interview with former CIA Officer, Jason L.
Advance Your Intelligence Career Today!
We are the first fully online intelligence school helping professionals to achieve their long term goals. Our school with tons of new material is currently under construction and will be out there very soon. Meanwhile, you can sign up and be the first to know when we launch, plus get exclusive tips and offers.
Get access to exclusive Grey Dynamics Reports
With security clearance, you can take a crucial role in our intelligence community. As a cleared member, you get access to secret & top secret grade publications. If you are a Top Secret holder you also get access to our community area, where you can interact with other members and with our analysts! Subscribe today!