Today I spoke with Jordan Ponath, senior intelligence analyst at Lockheed Martin, ex-US Marine, and self-described ‘data geek’. Jordan leads a team constantly on the lookout for threats to his organization using OSINT and SOCMINT techniques. In this episode, we get into the tools he and his team use as well as unconventional routes into the sector.
You can find Jordan on:
We spoke about
- Jordan’s background (1:34)
- Having an unconventional background in intelligence (6:30)
- The changes to TweetDeck (8:19)
- How travelling affected Jordan (11:18)
- What a day in Jordan’s team looks like and the tools they use (14:40)
- What is the most fulfilling part of Jordan’s job? (24:13)
- The importance of clear direction from leadership and understanding of OSINT’s limits (27:00)
- What keeps Jordan up at night (31:48)
- Advice to young aspiring analysts, those looking to switch careers, and organizations looking to build intelligence capability (33:50)
- What Ahmed would have done differently as well as the importance of cyber and data in today’s intelligence landscape (42:39)
- Cultural recommendations (50:35)
- What is an Intelligence Analyst?
- So, You Want to be an Intelligence Analyst?
- Expert Advice For Getting Into Intelligence
- Corporate Intelligence, Global Risk & OSINT Tips with Gareth Westwood
- GEOINT, OSINT & Facing Vicarious Trauma with Benjamin Strick
- OSINT, Military Career Transition & Language Skills with Skip Schiphorst
- ChatGPT, The Intelligence Community & Career Advice with Mike Evans
The Grey Dynamics Podcast is available on all major platforms!