This week I caught up again with Marcel Plichta. Marcel is a member of the Grey Dynamics team, he is also a PhD candidate at St. Andrews and an Ex-DIA Analyst. We discussed the context of Finland’s NATO membership, the state of UGVs, the Great power competition in Africa, and how generative AI models like ChatGPT could be applied to intelligence in practice.
You can find Marcel on:
We spoke about
- Context of Finland’s NATO membership (1:05)
- The state of UVGs (9:58)
- The limited footage available of UGVs deployment (14:29)
- Potential Wagner attack on Chinese miners in CAR (17:35)
- The West’s waning influence over Africa (23:09)
- Iranian drones in the Middle East (35:07)
- The application of ChatGPT in intelligence (40:10)
- Grey Dynamics analysis (50:36)
- Cultural recommendations (53:50)
- Closing words (1:02:49)
- Wagner PMC Activity in the Central African Republic: A Geospatial Analysis
- Finland’s Arctic Policy 2023: A 12 month outlook
- Drone Threat Intelligence, 3D Printing and Dark Networks with Mike Monnik
- Tsunami Torpedoes, Ukrainian USVs & Narco Subs with HI Sutton
- Drones, Robotics, AI and Hybrid Warfare in Ukraine with Samuel Bendett
- Sahel Security Week, French Exodus & Wagner COIN Efforts with Menastream
- ChatGPT, The Intelligence Community & Career Advice with Mike Evans
- Beyond Reapers and DJI Mavics: Are Scholars and Policymakers Ready for One-Way Attack Drones?
- Release the Robot Hounds: Providing Unmanned Ground Vehicles to Ukraine
The Grey Dynamics Podcast is available on all major platforms!